When gimp opens a psd file all it will see are the layers as images. PhotoShop will see the text as a text layer.
This can be a disappointing factor for a lot of gimp users as the text edit function will not work with gimp and the psd file.
A simple solution to this is to do the following:-
- Open the psd file.
- click on dialog then layers in the drop down menu.
- Delete the so called text layers.
- Then replace the deleted text layers with your new text.
- Then click on file and save as removing the .psd extension to this graphics then save.
About xcf this is gimps default extension just like psd is to PhotoShop. Gimp will reconise text layers as a text layer using this xcf extension.
Save then do the following:-
- Open the new xcf graphics and click on dialog then layers.
- Right click on the text layer you wish to edit. In the new drop down menu click on text tool.
- Now change the wording to what ever you want. As you type the text in the xcf graphic will change.
- click on close in the text window to close the text dialog box.
You can also do this change the font as well, to do this follow these steps:-
- Open the xcf graphics and open the layers feature.
- Right click on the text layer then double click on the text icon on the main tool bar.
- In the new text box change the text font to what ever font you wish.
- The font on the xcf will change accordingly.
- You can also change color and size as well.